Reporting to a Project Manager, the Trainee Project/Site Manager will be offering support in overseeing projects of varying values and diverse natures. This will be mainly retail construction and fit outs to Supermarkets for values between £5,000 and £6m.
It is important that the candidate is willing to work longer hours than contracted, any additional hours will be paid as overtime. The role includes an excessive amount of stopping out Monday to Thursday night as the projects we work on are national. Salary is enhanced when stopping out is required. The candidate will be required as a minimum to stay on site and work the same hours as the Project Manager unless agree otherwise by the Project Manager.
The primary role of the Trainee Project/Site Manager will be to assist the site based Project Manager in ensuring that the allocated project runs efficiently and profitably ensuring full compliance to Health & Safety legislation and contract conditions. The most critical conditions being that all work is completed to a high standard, in a safe working manner, within programme and to the total satisfaction of our client.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· Assisting and learning all aspects of the role of the site based Project Manager in their responsibilities and for the day-to-day running of the project.
· Supporting and monitoring Health & Safety practices and CDM Regulations on site.
· Attendance of regular site meetings with client, Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Planning Supervisor etc.
· Assisting and learning the preparation of reports, programmes, progress and profitability reports.
· Assisting with and learning how to agree pricing and instructions with the client or client’s agent.
· Contribute to formulating valuations and final accounts.
· Assisting with the preparation of tenders.
· To procure, negotiate terms and monitor the performance of sub-contractors and suppliers.
· To identify and implement improvements to any aspect of the service that we provide.
· Procurement of new clients and suppliers.
· Ensure that acceptable levels of customer care are provided at all times.
· Produce relevant monthly reports for the Project Manager e.g. cost and value comparisons, turnover forecasts etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate.
· Contribute to and attend financial and progress meetings with the client, engineers and subcontractors as required.
· Provide support to the site team in order to optimise the use of contract resources.
· Provide support for the Project Manager in terms of data input etc.
· Maintaining deadlines in line with requirements.
· To provide cover for other associated staff during times of absence.
· Regular use of our bespoke computer system and other software packages such as Word, Excel and Project.
· Duties and responsibilities will vary in line with progress and training levels.
The above information should only be used as a guide to the duties and responsibilities expected of the Trainee Project/Site Manager. It should be noted that the duties and responsibilities might not include or be limited to the information given above as these may vary from time to time, depending on the contracts in hand and in accordance with the Directors discretion.
This is a full time position and hours of work will be 42 hours per week:
07:45hrs to 17:15hrs Monday – Thursday
07:45hrs to 16:45hrs Friday
This will also involve daily travel and working away as deemed necessary for the needs of the business.
We undertake contracts and projects for varied companies that require our employees to undertake various clearances along with an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance.
· Currently studying towards or completed a HNC/D in Construction (or equivalent) or a construction related qualification
· GCSE or equivalent Grade C or above in English Language, Literacy, Numeracy and ICT
· Willingness to undertake training programmes as deemed necessary by the Company
· Competent in the use of a range of IT packages
· Self-motivated and proactive
· Positive attitude and the ability to integrate and be an active part in the team
· Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
· Keen to pursue personal development needs and maintain up to date knowledge
· You must hold a full current UK driving licence and have had 6 months driving experience since passing your test and live within an hour of the PE1 5UP area
· You may be required to attend College/University to undertake a structured training programme as part of your contract of employment should this be deemed as necessary to undertake the role
· Currently working within the construction environment
· CSCS Card
· IOSH Managing/Working Safely or Site Management/Supervisor Safety Training Scheme
· First Aid at Work Certificate
· Able to adapt communication skills to maintain and manage a variety of situations.
· Present a profession image and promote the Princebuild brand.
· Plan and prioritise personal objectives along with the Company’s priorities.
· Understand the needs of the Company, client and colleagues and responds appropriately to required needs.
· Make well informed, effective and timely decisions even when faced with unpleasant consequences and perceived impact these decisions has on others.
· Encourage others to develop themselves and act as a role model.
· Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
· Positive attitude and the ability to integrate and be an active part in the team.
· Encourages and develops ideas and innovations for current or new situations.
· Commercial awareness and understanding of the Construction process.
· Remains resilient when under pressure and encourages optimism.
· Aware of own impact on others and takes peoples’ feelings and needs into consideration.
· Company vehicle plus fuel card
· Mobile phone and laptop
· Corporate clothing
· 21 days holiday plus all bank holidays
· Additional holiday awarded after 2 years’ of continuous service
· Continuous training and development
· Excellent opportunities for career progression
· Health & wellbeing support from qualified MHFA Adult First Aiders
· Generous long service awards scheme
· Employee Profit Sharing Scheme
· We are an Equal Opportunities and Investors in People Accredited Company
· Great variety of social events and charity work organised by the Company throughout the year
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person